Saturday, March 28, 2020

Finding Me.

I have been woven neatly inside of a marriage for so long that the threads of who I am as a person have gotten lost in the fabric.  I am looking for me.  God is helping me find me again.  It has nothing to do with who I am in Christ.  I am confident of that... I don't question that I am His princess, or that I am a daughter of The King of Kings, or that I am the apple of His eye, or His chosen one who He hand picked before I was fashioned and formed in my mother's womb.  I am having trouble seeing me as a person - from where I have been locked in as a "wife" and "Pastor's wife" for almost 31 years.  As God helps me peel back the layers of what was and is re-creating me into who I am, it's scary.  I am vulnerable.  I have a new set of clothes on that I have never worn.  They're not comfortable yet.  They're still very scratchy and they don't even fit quite right....just yet.  But yet, here I am, I have to wear them.  They're all I have in my closet.  One simple, set of clothes called singleness.

No comments:

Post a Comment